Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Know the Fall...أعرف الخريف



I Know the Fall

I know the Fall
from the bitter taste of coughing
in my dry throat,
when into my face the wind
blows red-nosed leaves,
while I chat with the squirrels
in the neighborhood’s garden.

The Fall also knows my face
when the tree shrugs her branches
over my head,
as I lay my back to her trunk
stretch my tired legs on the grass
range my fevered dreams
longing for a word or a kiss
to visit my loneliness
from your remote shore.

Before sunset,
a cold moment of silence
blows in the pale, stuffed with clouds, sky
spots of hope as blue as your eyes,
and a flight of immigrating birds
slips away from the fist of the horizon
painting behind it your tender smile.

before sunset,
chilly air scorches my sides
and whistles loudly in a vacuum,
my heart, who sailed away
to the bottom of your chest,
has left behind.





أعرف الخريف

أعرف الخريف
من طعم سعالٍ مرٍّ في حلقي الناشف
حين تـنفخ ريحٌ في وجهي
ورقاً محمرّ الأنف
وأنا أحادث السناجب
في حديقة الحي.

الخريف أيضاً يعرف وجهي
حين تـنفض الشجرة أغصانها فوق رأسي
وأنا أسند ظهري على ساقها
أمدد ساقيَّ المنهكتين على العشب
أسرح بأحلامي المحمومة
منتظراً كلمة أو قبلة
تأتي إلى وحدتي
من شاطئكِ البعيد.

قبل الغروب،
برهة صمتٍ باردة
تـنفخ في السماء الشاحبة
المحشوة بالغيوم
بقعاً زرقاء كعينيكِ
ويفلت من قبضة الأفق
سرب طيورٍ مهاجرٍ
راسماً خلفه ابتسامتكِ الرقيقة.

قبل الغروب،
هواء قارس يلفح أطرافي
ويصفر عالياً
في فراغٍ خلّفه قلبي
الذي أبحر إلى قاع صدرِك.

No comments:

Post a Comment