Sunday, February 22, 2009

Drink the Ocean with Your Trembling Lips...احتسي البحر بشفتيكِ المرتعشتين



Drink the Ocean with Your
Trembling Lips


As a cypress
staring with reddish eyes
at the weaves’ naked body.
As a seagull
searching for food
in the mouth of the frigid noon.
‘I will not sleep fast’,
I said to my tired heart
‘I will drink the ocean
with your trembling lips’.

time is a fast train that arrives late.
on time, I usually enter the station
and at the platform
forgets me the journey.

The ocean coughs black clouds
spits on the shore its sick saliva,
and wipes its blue nose
by the coats of those
who stood asking the north wind:
would winter sit long on the hills?
would summer find a way
under the piles of snow?

Water sleeps under the fast train’s bridge
roads and houses sprint in the window
God bends down toward me, asking politely
if there is a space in my head
to sit and gulp slowly
the sparkling water of our friendship

In the Irish pub
I drank the toast of the new world
with the New Yorker bartender
welcoming me, he opened the map
an pointed at all the bars of the town
I had, while expressing my gratitude,
to rush
and vomit outside




أحتسي المحيط بشفتيك المرتعشتين


كسروة تتطلّع بعيونٍ محمرة
إلى جسد الموج العاري
كنورسٍ يبحث عن زادٍ
في فم الظهيرة القارس
"لن أغفو سريعاً"،
قلت لقلبي المتعب،
"سأحتسي المحيط
بشفتيك المرتعشتين"

الوقت قطار سريع يصل متأخراً.
أدخل المحطة عادة على الوقت
لتنساني الرحلة
على الرصيف.

يسعل المحيط غيماً أسوداً
يبصق على الشاطئ لعابه الأبيض
ويمسح أنفه الأزرق بمعاطف أولئك
الذين وقفوا يسألون ريح الشمال:
هل سيطيل الشتاء الجلوس على التلال؟
هل سيجد الصيف تحت أكوام الثلج طريق؟

ماء ينام تحت جسر القطار السريع
طرق ومنازل تعدو من النافذة
ينحني الله نحوي ليسأل بلباقة
إن كان هناك متسع في رأسي
كي يجلس ويكرع على مهلٍ
ماء صداقتنا الغازية.

في البار الإيرلندي،
قرعت نخب العالم الجديد
مع الساقي النيويوركي
فلش محتـفياً بي الخارطة
وراح يدلني على كافة حانات المدينة
كان علي وأنا أبدي امتناني
أن أسرع إلى الخارج
كي أتـقياً.

No comments:

Post a Comment